Technical Data | MSDS | Specifications
Maxseal – Cementitious Waterproofing & Finishing Coating
For Concrete And Masonry
*Note in the above video maxcryl is mentioned as an additive to the mix. Maxcryl is no longer a required ingedient and is not used.
This product must be used on a wet surface, if it is dry wet the surface down as shown in the video.
Waterproofing Mortar Description
Waterproofing and coating cement-based mortar for both positive and negative hydrostatic pressures, for application on wet substrates.
MAXSEAL is a cement-based mortar with special additives and controlled aggregates. Once cured, it becomes a suitable waterproofing coating for use on concrete, brick, concrete block, masonry substrates.
Technical: Uses for Product
- Waterproofing and coating of drinking water tanks. Not subject to movement and expansion.
- Waterproofing of swimming pools.
- Waterproofing of tunnels, galleries, basements and elevator pits subjected to high water pressure.
- Waterproofing and protection of concrete in water treatment plants, setting tanks, etc.
- Coating for waterproofing of dams and retaining walls.
- Waterproof coating for façades and wall faces, concrete blocks and prefabricated panels.
- Restoration and waterproofing of channels.
- Waterproofing and decorative finish for silos and cooling towers in thermal power plants.
- Excellent waterproofing properties. Withstands both positive and negative hydrostatic pressures.
- Allows application on wet substrates.
- The coating allows the substrate to breath and thereby it does not form a water vapour barrier.
- Final layer of MAXSEAL can work as a decorative finish, saving further enhancing paint costs.
- Easy to use and no maintenance required.
- Resistant to aggressive environment such as seacoasts and zones with atmospheric pollution.
- It resists weathering and freeze/thaw cycles, longer lasting than paints and other coatings.
- Very good adherence to substrate. It fills and seals all porous of the surface and also becomes part of the structure of the surface.
- Suitable for use in contact with drinking water.
- Once MAXSEAL is cured, it can be covered with protective or fixing mortars.
- Environmentally friendly.
MAXSEAL can only be applied to a medium to high porosity surface as this product requires porosity for a total bond.
Do not use over painted surfaces or surfaces that have been “waterproofed” with other products, use Maxseal Flex for this situation, will not stick to bitumen’s or poly urethanes.
MAXSEAL is applied in two layers.
The estimated coverage is 1-1,5 kg/m2 per layer with a total coverage of 2-3 kg/m2. These figures may vary depending on substrate conditions.
A preliminary test on-site will determine the coverage exactly:
MAXSEAL is supplied in 25 kg bags, 14kg
Handi-Pack, 5 kg cans, and by special order 25kg drums.
MAXSEAL is available in standard grey and white.
DO NOT apply in excess of 2 layers.
DO NOT apply to bitumen or polyurethanes.
DO NOT place plastic or core flute protection boards against treated surfaces prior to back filling.
Drainage cell and aggregate can be placed in situ.
During curing, water vapour may condense on the Surface in poorly ventilated areas.
Allow surface to cure for 3 days prior to back filling and 7 days prior to filling structure with water.
Water Proofing and Protective Cement Based Coatings
Other Cement Based Coatings