WATMAT Quick Setting Mortar For Levelling Manhole Covers And For Repairs For Immediate Use.
|Technical Brochure | MSDS | Specifications|
WATMAT is a quick setting mortar, factory mixed with special cements, silica and additives. It is ready for use for levelling newly constructed manholes and urgent repairs to factory floors.
- For emergency repairs and resetting manhole covers on streets, public roads and concrete factory floors.
- Traffic can pass over the repair within two hours of application.
- Just mix with water.
- The addition of MAXCRYL to the mixing liquid produces an even stronger mixture.
- It adheres well to the substrate and its grey colour blends in with the concrete.
- It is non-toxic and odourless which makes WATMAT an ideal product for areas with poor ventilation.
- Waterproof. Very low water absorption.
HOW TO USE
Surface preparation: The concrete substrate should be free from all loose particles, dirt, grease, oil or other contaminants. To achieve this, the surface should be bush hammered or grit blasted so as to expose good clean sound concrete.
Application and mixing:
For vertical patching and repair work WATMAT can be mixed with clean water and trowel applied. However, for a high performance finish and floor treatments, the inclusion of MAXCRYL into the mixing water at a rate of 1 part MAXCRYL to 3 parts water is necessary.
Once mixed to a mortar consistency, WATMAT can take from 5 to 20 minutes to set, according to the climatic and surface temperatures. Trials should be carried out to establish that whatever quantities you mix can be applied before the material starts to set.
Mixing: Mix the required amount of WATMAT with clean water. As a guide, 25 Kgs. of WATMAT require between 4.3 and 4.6 litres of water.
Application: Mix the required amount of WATMAT, place it around the perimeter of the hole, place the leveling tool on top and inside.
After twenty minutes the manhole cover can be put on, finishing with the final asphalt coat.
- Do not apply at temperatures below 5º C or on freezing surfaces.
- Do not re-use previously mixed amounts of WATMAT.
- Use only clean water.
- Do not mix WATMAT with other products.
- Do not re-temper.
For further Technical Information download the Technical Data Bulletin