Drizoro Maxseal Super wall is a CEMENT – BASED WATERPROOF COATING WITH CRYSTALLIZATION AND OSMOTIC PROPERTIES
Drizoro Maxseal®Super – a special waterproofing coating made of a mixture of cements carefully controlled aggregates and special organic and inorganic additives. It’s special formula improves the osmotic effect of the application allowing penetration into the concrete by it’s capillary system. The Drizoro Maxseal®Super crystallizes inside the concrete sealing, waterproofing and protecting the concrete structure. Drizoro Maxseal®Super as be designed to be applied on fresh or cured concrete, pre-cast concrete, concrete blocks, cement plasters and renders, and also suitable on bricks and masonry.
Applications or Uses
- NON_TOXIC -suitable for use in confined spaces. Drinking Water Safe
- As waterproofing for exterior and internal walls
- Basements and below grade structure which are subjected to positive or negative water pressure
- Waterproofing and protection of concrete foundations, retaining walls and foundation slabs
NOTE: 20 Year WARRANTY for concrete slabs coated with Drizoro Maxseal®Super
- As a waterproof coating for concrete blocks and prefabricated panels
- waterproof coating to waterproof dams and retaining walls
- coating protects and waterproofs concrete structure in treatment plants
- Waterproofing tunnels, lift pits, and shafts
- Non-Toxic nature suitable for use in contact with drinking water
- The penetration inside the concrete structure provides internal sealing and protective effects – Drizoro Maxseal®Super seals cracks up to 0.4 mm
- 100% waterproof coating, even in permanent immersion applications subjected to high pressures
- for indoor applications, especially basements, the coating resists negative hydrostatic pressure from ground water.
- must be applied to damp surfaces (dampen when necessary)
- easy to use free of future maintenance costs.
- resists the corrosive effects of salt water and atmospheric pollution.
- once set/cured Drizoro Maxseal®Super can be painted over and tiled over
- allows vapour diffusion
Application by dusting and power trowel
Drizoro Maxseal®Super can be dusted on the lean concrete and the steel reinforcements. This procedure will not only protect the reinforcement itself but will prevent the rising dampness into the foundation slab.
The lean concrete should be dampened until saturation and Drizoro Maxseal®Super will be dusted using between 1,5 to 2,5 kg/ m2. The concrete of the foundation slab can be poured after one hour, once MAXSEAL®SUPER has hardened and adhered to the lean concrete,. The application is performed on the Fresh concrete, after leveling, with enough strength to be walked over, but still fresh enough to dampen the surface when troweled. The product is spread in powder form as supplied at a ratio of 1,5 to 2,5 kg/ m2, endeavouring to achieve a complete and uniform coverage. The trowelling will provide a monolithic waterproof layer, which can be slightly dampened to improve the penetration and prevent excessively quick drying, which would slow down proper hydration of Drizoro Maxseal ®Super
Mix just with water between 6 and 7 litres per 25 kg bag using slow speed drill (400 – 600 rpm). For applications made at high temperature or sprayed, the water ratio can be increased slightly.
For standard applications, Drizoro Maxseal ®Super can be applied with a fibre type brush or broom such as our MAXBRUSH or MAXBROOM . Apply a thick layer to form a continuous and uniform coating; do not spread as if it were paint, apply only in one direction, the second coat should be spread in cross direction. Consumption is between 1 and 1,5 kg/ m2 per coat, for a total consumption of about 2 – 2,5 kg/ m2. Waiting time between coats is from 6 – 8 hours minimum to 24 hours maximum.
It can be also sprayed by means of a shotcreting equipment. For applications made by spray which will later be subjected to water pressure, and in order to ensure a complete coverage of the surface, it is recommended to slide the broom over the material which has just been sprayed. Singular spots such as columns, penetrating pipes, corners, concrete joints, and expansion joints should be treated and sealed accordingly.
Estimated consumption applied by brush, broom or spray is between 1 and 1,5 kg/ m2 per coat, for a total consumption of about 2 – 2,5 kg/m2 in two coats. Porous surfaces, substrate conditions and application method can vary this estimated consumption. 25Kg will yield 12m2 2 coats
Applied by dusting on fresh concrete, estimated consumption of Drizoro Maxseal ®Super is about 1,5 – 2,5 kg/ m2. Congested reinforcing can increase consumption up to 20 – 25 %.
A preliminary on-site test will determine exact consumption..
For further information, Safety Data Sheet of Drizoro Maxseal ®Super is available by request.
IMPORTANT C A U T I O N S
Drizoro Maxseal ®Super is supplied in 25 kg bags and drums. It is available in grey and white..
STORAGE: Twenty four (24) months in bags and eighteen months in drums respectively, in its original unopened packaging. Store in a dry covered place protected from damp, frost and direct sunlight, with temperatures above 5 ºC.
SAFETY AND HEALTH
MAXSEAL/®SUPER is an abrasive compound, so protective rubber gloves and safety goggles must be used to prepare the mixture and apply it. In case of skin contact, wash affected areas with water and soap. In case of eye contact, rinse thoroughly with clean water, but do not rub. If irritation persists, seek medical attention.
Disposal of the product and its empty packaging must be carried out as per official regulations
Drizoro Maxseal®Super is also used for sealing foundation slabs click on the button below to see it’s many benefits